This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

bug in solution tree's contextual menu?

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM

It seems you are "hacking" the way VS opens the contextual menu of the solution tree, isn't it? I say this because, since I installed your extension, whenever I right click on my Stylecop definition file (Settings.StyleCop files in the solution tree), it not only displays their contextual menu but also directly launch the associated tool (stylecop settings configurator).

Any idea on this? Could it come from this extension... or something completely different?

EDIT: a few tests after... In case somebody would face the same issue, here's how I solve it. I simply changed the default editor associated with the concerned files (ex: XML editor) then set it back to the editor I want (in my case, the stylecop settings configurator). And now that's fine. Not very satisfactory intellectually speaking, but that works.

Developer
Feb 15, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I'm not sure if this is really caused by the License Header Manager, I couldn't reproduce your problem. I'm using both LHM and StyleCop without any problems. If it happens again please let us know. Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Also, we're not really hacking the context menu, but simply declaring "buttons" - which is just the standard way of how a Visual Studio Extension registers new menu items. Visual Studio then inserts those declared "buttons" into the context menu. So, we're not really doing anything special here.

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I actually retried the same operations on another machine, and didn't face the problem. So, that was likely my mistake, or an interaction with another extension. Anyway, the case is closed and thanks for your replys.