This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Insert Header on Build Project

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Hi, I am trying to have LHM insert the headers in all files in the project when the project is built.

What command should I link LHM to in order to do this? I have tried various Build.x commands. I essentially want to duplicate the "Add License Headers to All Files" LHM menu item before the build.

Is this possible?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Hi, unfortunately, this is not possible with LHM 1.4. You can only bind the "add license header (to current file)" action to another command.

However, this sounds like an interesting feature for a potential future version, so I'd ask you to add a feature request in the issue tracker. If you want to give it a stab, we also accept pull requests; however, I'd ask you to discuss the implementation with us before submitting one.

Best regards,
Fabian
Feb 14, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Hi, I submitted an issue related to this feature, I'm not sure about the wording though so feel free to edit it. I will not have time to work on it myself for a few months.

I figured that the easiest way to achieve this functionality is add some prebuild command that can execute LHM's "Add License Headers to All Files" context menu item before build across all files in the project.

Or perhaps in addition to the hook on "add license header (to current file)" in the options menu, a hook could be exposed to bind to the context menu item "Add License Headers to All Files" if the action is a "project" action?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Thanks for adding the feature request; the wording is okay - I think extending the hooking ability to "Add License Headers to All Files" is probably the way to go.
We're not currently working on a new LHM version, either, but we'll probably tackle this when/if we find the time for working on a new version (or somebody else finds the time to do it).