This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

The same functionality for already existing code

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Thanks for your great LHM!

After building the last version of the source code I got exactly what I needed: automatic headers for .cs and .cpp. Great one.

But my question is: together with the new code I've got the old ones and also want to add copyright headers there without opening each of them one by one.

There are some solutions for .cs files (example: Colby Africa's C# Code Header Designer) but I faced some difficulty with finding the same one for .cpp files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Kir.

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Hi,

Great that you like LHM. We don't use it for C++ files ourselves, so we'd welcome any feedback on missing or non-functional features.

About your question: if you open an existing solution in Visual Studio and add a license header definition file to the C++ projects, LHM should then offer you a context menu option to "Add License Headers to All Files" when you right-click on the project node in Solution Explorer. Doesn't this work for your existing code?

Or are you asking how you can do that _without_ opening the solution in Visual Studio? We don't have any support for this; but if you want to take a look at building this functionality on top of the LHM source code - feel free, and let us know about your progress :)

Cheers,
Fabian