This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Visual Studio 11 support

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Great tool! Any plans on making this available for Visual Studio 11 Beta?

Thanks!
Julian

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

BTW, it does work in VS11 (I tried it). You just need to update the manifest for the vsix. These are the steps required, very easy to do: http://gurustop.net/blog/2011/09/20/running-dev11-vs11-visual_studio_11-extensions-extension_manager_gallery-git-scm-plugin-addon/

Let me know if you prefer me to create a pull request with those changes.

Regards!
Julian

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Hi,

We're not using VS11 yet, so we haven't made any plans about this yet. However, from the link you've provided it looks like it's really easy to have an extension install under Visual Studio 2010 and VS11, so I'll gladly accept a pull request :)

Please do the following:

• Create a ticket ("Feature", "Support installation under Visual Studio 11")  in the issue tracker.
  • Create a fork, make the changes. If you need to change code in addition to the manifest file, be sure to use the same tab settings (2 spaces) as we do, insert the license header in any new files, and don't reformat existing code (as this makes it harder to review the pull request).
  • Test the changes thoroughly, fixing any problems you identify.
  • Send us a pull request.

When I accept the pull request, I'll also increase the internal version number to 1.3.1 or something like that. The next public release will be 1.4.0 (signed by us and uploaded to the VS gallery), which will contain your changes. However, I can't promise when we make that release (might be May or June, since we want to include a few more things in 1.4.0). Until then, you'll have to build 1.3.1 yourself in order to get a package that installs on VS11.

Best regards,
Fabian

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Open .VSIX with 7-Zip File Manager. Right click manifest file -> Edit

Change Supported Products section to look as:

<SupportedProducts>
      <VisualStudio Version="11.0">
        <Edition>Pro</Edition>
      </VisualStudio>
    </SupportedProducts>

Just did it and it worked as charm in my Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM

The latest Beta Release is already VS2012 enabled.

http://licensemanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/91986

Regards, Michael

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Thanks for having spent the time to upgrade the extension to 1.4 and to VS2012.