This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

interferes with Visual Studio 2010 intellisense for jQuery

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM

The following line:

/// <reference path="jquery/jquery-1.5-vsdoc.js" />

must be the very first in the .js file, so that VS will supply intellisense. If the license header is above it, intellisense breaks.

There needs to be an option which will allow me to have the import at the very top, and then the license header below it.

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2011 at 12:22 AM

figured it out: use //... in license header, not /*...*/

but if you use "//..." then the addon repeats the header on every save

that is a bug?

Developer
Jul 11, 2011 at 8:00 AM

The License Header Manager checks if the first thing in a file is a comment and tries to remove it. To prevent the removal of comments that are not actually license headers, we included a safety mechanism that only removes comments containing one or more keywords (see the settings page). This option is enabled by default.

You can either turn it off completely (which is not recommended, since that would also remove your reference comment if there's no license header) or you can define your own keyword(s) that identify your license header.

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Yes your approach works, thanks.

But, nonetheless, is it possible to have the license header NOT starting on the first line? I see that for XML files for example, it automatically skips the first (schema) line "<?xml version="1.0"?>". So how can I replicate that behaviour in other files?

<?xml version="1.0"?>""
Developer
Jul 27, 2011 at 7:09 AM

We had to include that feature for XML-based files since there must not be any text before this first tag. At the moment this behaviour is harcoded and cannot be replicated for other file types.

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM

OK. Consider making it an option in a future version, as XML is not the only use case for such a (great) feature.

Developer
Aug 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Edited Aug 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Check out version 1.2, you can now define skip expressions yourself (not necessary for your use-case though, as reference comments work out of the box now).